Saturday, February 20, 2016

God laughs





A few nights ago around 2 am I was awoken by a blood curdling scream that sent me from a deep sleep to Z's side in a matter of seconds. She's had nightmares before but never anything that had her screaming like that. We prayed together and I got a shower ready for her while I changed her sheets. She had wet the bed, which she never does. 

After her shower we were talking and I let her know that any time she is scared she can always ask Jesus,

"Where are you and what are you doing?"

 So we decided to practice together. She closed her eyes and I told her to look around her room in her mind until she knew where Jesus was. It took a few minutes to get her to focus. First she saw the ninja turtles, then penguins, but then she saw Him. He was in the corner. So we closed our eyes again to find out what he was doing. Immediately she began to giggle uncontrollably and yelled out "He's laughing!".

And like a flash of lightning I had a download of information straight from the Father to my heart. And I heard these words, 

"I am never laughing at you, but my laugh is for you."

Psalms 2:4 “He Who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord has them in derision [and in supreme contempt He mocks them].”

It's suddenly dawned on me that I have a hard time with the image of Jesus laughing. It's not that I have a problem with it theologically or anything, it's just not a part of Him that I've really had an encounter with. He's always been a Comforter or a Father, far more serious than just a friend to laugh with.  

But my child now has a revelation of a God who is always near and laughs in the face of fear. And fear cannot stand in the presence of the Joy of the Lord. He goes to war for us with laughter. And because of my daughter I hear His laugh too. 








No comments:

Post a Comment